Sunday, April 28, 2013

We make Portland awesome: ACBC Design

"We make Portland awesome" is a bi-weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Ann of ACBC Design
Who are you?
Ann Cosgrove, I’m a freelance graphic designer. I live and work in a beautiful 1920’s era home in NE Portland with my fellow designer husband and 2 rambunctious kitties.

What do you make?
I design and print a line of graphic and whimsical cards for birthdays, new baby, weddings and more! I also create custom wedding invitations and birth announcements.


Besides making things, what do you do?
I also really love knitting and try to fit it in to my day as much as possible. Food is another great passion of mine. I love experimenting with new recipes, along with trying all the unique restaurants around Portland. I’ve also been known to spend a few hours playing games on our PS3 and watching B movies.

What inspires you?
I’m inspired a lot by nature. The color and textures of plants, flowers, animals are all so beautiful. Fashion is another big influence - I love seeing bold prints, accessories and different fibers. It all can swirl around in my head and inspire a new card design.

 
Where can your work be found?
Currently all my work is found in my shop on Etsy.

What do you love about Portland?
I love so much about Portland - how it’s full of really creative, unique and supportive people. My husband and I are big fans of urban hiking - just walking around the different neighborhoods and taking in the unique sights each has to offer. Also the great green spaces and parks - great places for inspiration. Let’s not forget, since I’m a huge foodie, all the fantastic restaurants!

1 comment:

  1. I love your cards! I will remember and come back to your shop! The cards with the bridges are so cool and local!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...