Thursday, April 11, 2013

Garden Plans


As I mentioned in a post a few days ago, I am very much looking forward to trying my hand at gardening this year. I grew up watching my mom make a successful garden each year, but I've never had one myself from start to finish. Erik's new house has a big yard, so this year is my chance.

I bought my seeds and I'm all ready to go! I chose snow peas (an old favorite, so deliciously springtime-flavored), purple beans (just like green beans only beautiful dark purple), zucchini (we love everything made with zucchini, and each plant makes so many), and asparagus beans (which I have never tried before, but they grow to be like a foot long!).

Somehow, though, I was under the impression that you plant your garden in March... and I was getting a little anxious because the space hadn't even been tilled yet! This idea was quickly squashed by both my mother's advice and the back of the seed packets. So I'll just hold on until it's a little warmer.

I'm also planning to grow a little herb garden this year too, but I'll post about that later.

Are you planning a garden this year? What are you planning to grow? Feel free to post any stories, or helpful hints for a newbie, in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...