Sunday, September 1, 2013

We make Portland awesome: POP•by•TS

"We make Portland awesome" is a bi-weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Tith of POP•by•TS

Who are you?
I am a Artist and creator of POP•by•TS. 
POP•by•TS is a online Modern Paper Goods shop dedicated to bringing style, craft, excitement, and a general feeling of "POP" of joy to your home.
Originally from Chicago, while living there I've completed two years of college studying Art, Illustration and Fashion design. Moved to Portland in July 2007.  I now create art in the attic of my 1950's house which I absolutely adore in Portland Oregon.


What do you make?
I specialized in Modern Paper Goods.The style shown in my prints I've created is called, "Kalei-damask" inspired by toy kaleidoscope + Damask wallpaper. The "Kalei-damask" process includes: original watercolor painting; scanned and saved as pdf; then exaggerated in Illustrator using a kaleidoscope effect template. Altogether creates a colorful,  joyful, “pop” of patterns and modern designs. 


Besides making things, what do you do?
I love browsing and  finding new music to listen to on the internet. And I love try new recipe out  from one of my favorite cookbooks called, “Home Made” by Yvette van Boven. Great recipe, great food and beautiful Illustrations!


What inspires you?
I am inspired by many things such as nature, Art+Design, Pop culture, music and fashion. As of right now I am obsessed with cacti! While visiting friends in Chicago this past spring, we visited the Garfield Observatory and they have a room called,The Desert Room. Filled with all sorts of cacti and succulents! It was very inspiring!!


Where can your work be found?
My work is found only on etsy. I am hoping to have them available in boutiques and  local shops in Portland, OR.

What do you love about Portland?
Coming from a big city, I love that it only takes me 15 mins to drive downtown instead of  the hour that I am use to using public transportation in Chicago. Also, I LOVE all the restaurants, local shops and cute neighborhoods!

Make sure you check out POP•by•TS's Etsy shop, blog, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
Thanks for sharing, Tith!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...