Sunday, September 29, 2013

We make Portland awesome: Lettered & Lined

"We make Portland awesome" is a bi-weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Kelly of Lettered & Lined

Who are you?
I am Kelly Bernal, owner and designer behind Lettered & Lined. I've been an artist since childhood and am so thankful to still be doing what I love today.

What do you make?
I design prints for every room of the home which can be printed in your choice of more than 50 colors.


Besides making things, what do you do?
I try to keep up with my VERY active 2 year old son. I discuss the meaning of life with my 3 month old son. I hang out with my husband. I garden. I cook. I go for walks. I travel when I can. I do design work for local non-profits and clients. Life keeps me busy and I try to enjoy every moment of it!

What inspires you?
I am inspired by art that serves a purpose. My prints tell you what all those laundry symbols mean, help you steep the perfect cup of tea, and remind you how many teaspoons are in a tablespoon.


Where can your work be found?
Etsy.com, ScoutMob.com, and Red Plume (Eugene, OR). Coming soon to www.letteredandlined.com and Powell’s Bookstore (Downtown, Portland).

What do you love about Portland?
I love that you are never more than a stone’s throw away from an AMAZING meal. The food in this town is enough to make me stay forever. I love the trees. I love the seasons. I love the laid back way of life. I love the creative community. And I really love that people plant vegetable gardens in the strip of dirt between the sidewalk and their street.


Make sure you check out Lettered & Lined's Etsy shop, website, Twitter, and Facebook page.
Thanks for sharing, Kelly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...