Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Quit Your Day Job


Alright, friends... time for the biggest news of all. I finally stepped away from my part-time job at the print shop. After quite a lot of thought, saving, planning, and strategizing, I decided to take the last months of this year to work on my business with total focus.

I'm hesitant to make a big deal of "Quitting My Day Job." It seems like the ultimate goal for a small creative business owner, and it is quite significant to me. But I'm also aware of life's unpredictability. I've quit my day job, but I very well might need –or want!– to get a new one in the future. I'll re-evaluate the situation as often as I want. All I know is that, for now, this is the right choice for me.

And I'm very excited about what this means to my life! Time is such a big deal for me. Owning my own time gives me such peace of mind. I'm naturally self-motivated (thank goodness!) and I often border on workaholism as my own boss :) so I'm sure I'll learn a lot about balancing my time and activities in the next few months.

So here's to cultivating flexibility, listening to our hearts, and taking risks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...