Sunday, February 12, 2012

We make Portland awesome: Prost to the Host

"We make Portland awesome" is a weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Prost to the Host

Who are you?
I am Alysia (pronounced A-lee-sha) I am the owner of Prost to the Host. I make paper flower decorations made of tissue paper and I also design and coordinate parties.

What do you make?
What do you make? Paper tissue decorations -- tissue flowers Ethereal flowers that hang from float around the ceiling.



Besides making things, what do you do?
I work in pediatric clincial research at OHSU. My spare time is also spent with my little boy and husband. We love to eat, so making food and experiment with seasonal ingredients gettings my tummy grumbling.

What inspires you?
Everything! If I see a fun pattern on a dress, it might inspire the next color grouping or colors that remind me of a distant memory might be found during a summer garden party. It usually get fixated on one item and base the entire party around it.

Where can your work be found? 
Anthropologie's Wedding Store, BHLDN; Crafty Wonderland, Powell's Bookstores, Portlandia, Gossip Girl, Martha Stewart, various photoshoots. I am still so shocked to see my poms featured.

What do you love about Portland?
The food! Come on, give me a tough question. Honestly, the food scene is ridiculous. I mean, the localvorian approaches are killer. I am thankful the economy is picking up and chefs are taking more risks and opening up new food spots. The winter rains are coming hard and testing out a new spot is like getting a hit of Vitamin D sunshine. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...