Sunday, February 26, 2012

We make Portland awesome: Buttonlandia

"We make Portland awesome" is a weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Buttonlandia
Who are you?
I am Sofia! I hail from the Southeast of Portland. I've lived in Portland for a year. I am an original Bay Area native & then started my journey North 6 years ago, I lived in Seattle for five years. I'm in my late twenties, married to my geeky best friend. I am a fan of geeky, sassy & cute things.

What do you make?
I make all sorts of stuff. I love creating things in different mediums. The things I make for Buttonlandia are buttons, magnets, pocket mirrors, cards & other graphic design goodness. I also make rad plushes that I sell through Fia(pdx). And I enjoy hunting for fantastic vintage finds and sell goodies at The Epoch Yeti. It doesn't stop there...I also create music, I write, I draw, I photograph! 


Besides making things, what do you do?
I love new adventures whether it's taking a bike ride to the unknown, camping, hiking or enjoying new foods. In the summer, I love going to concerts & taking day trips. In the winter, I like playing in the snow & having a warm cocktail with friends. 

What inspires you?
Everyday life inspires me! I love taking in the world: the smells, sights, conversations, mass media, etc. I try to create new things with my own special twist on them.  

Where can your work be found?
My work can be found online [http://www.etsy.com/shop/Buttonlandia]. As well as stores throughout the West Coast. Locally, I am a few stores in the downtown, Southeast & Northwest area. I also do craft shows throughout the year.

What do you love about Portland?
As cheesy as it sounds, I love everything about Portland. This is by far my favorite city in the world. The focus on local, sustainable goods & food is astounding. I love that people support their neighborhoods and that there are so many creative people. Portland has truly taught me the importance of local.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...