Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Crafty Wonderland Spring 2014 in Review


We had a great time at Crafty Wonderland's Super Colossal Spring Sale on Saturday! We saw many of our vendor friends, and got to put faces to many of the names you see in my We Make Portland Awesome blog series. Also, thanks to our friends and family who stopped by to hang out with us!

This was the third year in a row that House of Moss has participated in the Spring show, and I could not believe the impact that the weather has on something like this. The previous two years, the Saturday of the show had been the first real sunny/warm day of the year, and shoppers were sparse. Even us vendors just wanted to be outside in the sunshine, not cooped up in the Convention Center all day! But this year, the weather was drizzly in the morning. And the aisles were full of shoppers! You could definitely tell when the weather outside cleared up, though... around 4pm. The place was empty once more. So interesting how something like that makes a difference!

It was nice to have a chance to try out my new backdrop, too. It seems like every single show I change something about my display! This time I used my new weathered-wood printed fabric instead of my 6-foot-tall mushroom sculptures. I like the atmospheric effect of having a more solid wall behind my display.

I hope you are enjoying our amazing hot weather this week! The high for today is predicted to be 91!! When it's this hot out, I tend to do more computer work (and staring out the window at the gorgeous blue sky!) than making felted wool...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...