Friday, June 14, 2013

Favorite Things Friday: Spring Cleaning

Sorry for the gap between posts, folks. Sometimes life is just happening and I get behind in photographing it and writing about it.

Anyway, I'm back now! And as our weather has been warming up, I've been doing some spring cleaning. I thought I'd share my favorite products here.

• Vinegar: I've just recently discovered the wonders of this liquid for cleaning. It might smell like salad dressing, but it's a natural, effective cleaner for so many surfaces in the home! Plus it's nontoxic, so getting it on your hands is no problem. You can dilute it and use it on so many things, from kitchen floors to counters to toilet bowls. My absolute favorite use for it so far is removing mineral buildup on sinks. It has [relatively easily] removed calcium deposits from sink fixtures that no other scrub or product could get clean!

• Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap: Not technically a cleaning product, but I love this stuff as hand soap! I dilute it with 2 parts water for every 1 part soap, and it smells amazing. I have read that it can be used for everything from dish soap to toothpaste, but I haven't yet explored the outer reaches of its usefulness.

• Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day products: For the surfaces that need a little more scrubbing, I use these. The Lemon Verbena scent is wonderful, but I think my true favorite is the Geranium scent (yes, I love weird things). I also like Basil, but I have only smelled it in the store.

• Agave fiber / recycled plastic sponges: I'm not really a big fan of sponges in general, but these are pretty nice. They work the same as the normal synthetic ones, but they come with less guilt. I get grossed out by sponges, so I used to go through them a lot faster. Now I mostly use a brush on my dishes, so the sponge gets to dry out on the windowsill between uses, and that cuts down on both the gross mildew smell that sponges get... and my need to throw them away when they get like that. So it's a win-win solution with this natural/recycled kind!


Do you have any favorite household cleaning products? I would love to read about any tips, tricks, and products you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...