Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What I'm reading: Handmade To Sell

I bought Handmade To Sell at Powell's during the summer, soon after it came out. I was saving it for the early months of the year, when I knew I would have the time and the mental presence to strategize about my business.

I'm getting to the point where this type of "handmade business" book is more like a review rather than a boot-camp, and I'm starting to recognize all the "famous" crafters that are usually cited as examples.

But I like getting different authors' perspectives, so I chose this one by Hello Craft. Thinking I'd check in on the basics again, I cracked it open a week or so ago– and I haven't been able to stop reading it! It's full of colorful illustrations and features quotes, examples, and soooo many resources that I hadn't heard of before. Hello Craft is mostly based on the East Coast, and apparently their sphere of contacts and websites is wildly different than those I've been exposed to thus far.

It's a fun read, and full of good tips. Whether you need a refresher course as you rev up your business this year, or you're just starting out, this book is well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...