Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Afghan of 2013

This year I've been really into New Year's resolutions. I think it might be because of my recently-more-flexible schedule, which has been including fewer and fewer hours at my "day job" and more self-directed work time for House of Moss. I begin to crave structure.

Alongside things like "floss more" and "be on time," I have lots of time-based goals like "one new recipe per week" and "one new cocktail per month," which I actually write down in my schedule book like a nerd. I like that type of scheduling because it ensures that the things I want in my life will actually be there, in real time. 

The afghan project falls into this latter category: I've figured out that if I do one (15-minute!) row per day, it should be roughly the right size by the end of the year. I've learned over the years that expecting myself to do a given activity every single day will quickly turn into a dreaded chore, so I've allowed myself to do the equivalent, 7 rows per week. I think the structure and the challenge will be good. And I have check-boxes to mark off to keep me motivated. Seriously, write down anything on a checklist and I will do it.

Do you have any time-based/regularly-scheduled resolutions? I'd love to hear them, so feel free to leave them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...