Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 in review


This year has been a good one for House of Moss. I've seen my business grow by leaps and bounds. I've worked harder than I've ever worked. I've become more confident. It's been a rather "nose-to-the-grindstone" type of year, but when I look back I am happily surprised by some of the things that this hard work has accomplished:

1. BLOG: I began the "We make Portland awesome" series on this blog. Since beginning this project, I've hosted interviews from 42 amazing local makers. I've absolutely loved getting to know our handmade community, and I've made some real friends through it!

2. SALES: I met (and blew right past) my sales goal for the year.

3. WHOLESALE: I opened my first wholesale supply-purchasing account. This was a big deal and it kind of felt (haha, felt!) like I'd "made it" as a real business.

4. SHOWS: I did my first outdoor show (Arts Festival in the Forest, West Linn) and did 5 holiday shows in 5 weeks. I sold at both Crafty Wonderland's Spring and Holiday Sales. I learned that it's okay to leave early from a show if it's just that bad.

5. SHOPS: I expanded my local boutiques with seven new ones: The Blind Insect, Mag-Big, Little Things, Paper & Petal, Aster & Bee, Memento, and Hammer + Vine.

6. PRESS: Just this past week, I was honored to be featured in an Associated Press article about felting as a craft. It was published all over the country, including in our local paper, The Oregonian!

I'm overwhelmed with gratitude and amazed at what can be done in a year. I'm sure that many of you can relate to this: So many days spent working alone for hours on end, shipping never-ending amounts of packages, taking photos, tweaking Etsy listings, applying to (and sometimes not making it into) shows– and then one day you look back and see how far you've come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...