Sunday, December 30, 2012

End of the year gratitude


As I reflect on 2012, I find myself amazed and overwhelmed with gratitude for those who have helped make it all that it was. While I've been the one driving my business, I am constantly aware of those who support, who encourage, and who help make difficult things possible. I'd like to list some of them here.

• To Erik: Thank you for getting excited with me about every new detail, and for reminding me of the good when I can't see it.

• To Mum and Papa: Thank you for helping me with the peripheral expenses of living while I get my business up and running.

• To Karl, Nancy, and those who work at Allegra: Thank you for your flexibility with scheduling, and for "making ends meet" in the bindery when I can't be there.

• To the friends who come visit E & me at shows: We love you!

• To Torie & Cathy: Thank you for your good work in supporting our local handmade culture. Crafty Wonderland is the best!

• To my friends at the shops where my work can be found: It's a highlight of my week to see your sweet faces when I stop by to drop things off or pick up a check.

• To those with whom my work has found a home: Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for supporting my work, and for voting with your money for sustainable human-scale production. Your patronage means the world to me as I try to live my handmade life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...