Sunday, March 3, 2013

We make Portland awesome: Emma Lee Shop

"We make Portland awesome" is a weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Emma of Emma Lee Shop
Who are you?
Hi! My name is Emma Harrison and I am a creator of all things BOW! I have been living in Portland since I was 18 years old. This city has absorbed me, it is seriously my happy place. I have a studio attached to my home, and most of my time seems to be spent there. I have an amazing family, and the most adorable group of friends

What do you make?
I have been making jewelry for a couple years now and love it, but my heart seems to be happiest when I am creating adorable pieces meant for your hair. I started many years ago, making custom bridal hair pieces, but I have been moving towards the everyday item. I am not kidding, you will find a bow in my hair EVERYDAY. I love to use vintage fabrics with a story behind them. I am currently making my way trhough a huge bag of Vintage Pendleton Quilting squares that I acquired from a tiny wool shop on the Southern Oregon Coast. Lace, Wool, and vintage findings are what get my wheels turning.


Besides making things, what do you do?
I also manage a Local Resale Boutique and work part time for a Local Textile designer.

What inspires you?
My family, my experiences throughout my life thus far, beautiful hair, and adorable, smart, interesting people with a story to tell.


Where can your work be found?
My Etsy store.

And at a few local Boutiques:
Blush Beauty Bar on NW 23rd Ave.
Silhouette on NE Fremont.
Modo Boutique on E. Burnside.

What do you love about Portland?
There is so much that I love about this City..
Some favorites of mine do include:
Laurelhurst Theater (we spend so much time there)
A few Vintage stores including Re-Run on NE Fremont and House of Vintage on SE Hawthorne.
So many restaurants! I love Bamboo Sushi, Boke Bowl, and The Farm
BARS! Some favorites are The Free House, Prost!, and Migration Brewing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...