Thursday, March 14, 2013

Packaging

Today I thought I'd share my packaging routine with you. I've been changing and tweaking my packaging for years, and though I know it will be a longtime process, at this point I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with.

Packaging is a funny thing: It needs to be appealing and reflect well on one's brand, but should also be economical and time-efficient. While eco-friendly options like re-usable boxes and recycled plastic-free padded mailers aren't the cheapest, the wonderful folks who buy from my shop understand that it's worth the extra dollar or so to avoid contributing to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

Due to the nature of my shop, I've always focused on avoiding plastics and unnecessary shipping waste whenever possible. I'm always adapting the aesthetics, though: I've just ordered some new packing supplies, and my shipping station is getting cuter and cuter.


For things that get mailed:


For craft fairs:

I've sourced my packaging materials from many different places, including Staples, the grocery store, Amazon.com, craft supply shops, and of course Etsy! This is the seller who made my stamps, and this is where I found my washi tape.

Do any of you have genius packing solutions, or have you received something beautifully packaged in the mail?

3 comments:

  1. Love your packaging and images! Thank you for your commitment to our environment. I use the Caremail products for my shop too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the fantastic, and I admire the care you take with and for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout-out, and I'm so happy that you love your stamps!!

    xoxo,

    Jessica (from Tin Oiseau)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...