Sunday, February 3, 2013

We make Portland awesome: Arcane Arts

"We make Portland awesome" is a weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Adrienne of Arcane Arts

Who are you?
Adrienne Vita

What do you make?
Illustrations on paper, wood or fabric, and custom work


Besides making things, what do you do?
I love to bake gluten free, listen to music or read. I have lots of solo singing & dance parties... sometimes my husband joins in on those. ;) I also love to get out of town to recharge.

What inspires you?
Music, cinema, color, textiles, fashion, photography & most importantly doing intuitive readings for people (something new I have in the works, stay tuned!)


Where can your work be found?
Lots of places! I have an art show every so often and you can catch where, on my website. I sell my work my own site Arcane-Arts.com, as well as Etsy and Cargoh.com. Just recently I started selling larger versions of select prints online at Uncommon Goods. I am also in little boutiques around the country: Needles & Pens in San Francisco, Papel in Brooklyn, NY, Low Tide Club in Sausalito, CA, Space Montrose in Houston, TX, Crafty Wonderland & Tender Loving Empire in Portland, and Magpie in Somerville, MA. I just started working with a rep in Japan and she will be showing my work at two big exhibitions/ gift tradeshows, which is really exciting. I am hoping to get more of my work overseas. There are more exciting things in the works currently but I can't say right now until things are finalized. Stay tuned!

What do you love about Portland?
I love how beautiful it is here. There is so much art culture here and everyone I have met here has made my life so interesting. I also love the food in this town so much. Biking is so easy and accessible here - it's even not so bad to bike in the winter or the rain. I love how close we are to the ocean, the forest and the desert. We also get so many sun showers that make the most amazing rainbows - I saw a quadruple rainbow once, that would have made me go wild as a kid! Portland definitely has a lot to offer if you are up for it. I'm glad we have lived here for the past 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...