Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What I'm Reading: The Signature of All Things, by Elizabeth Gilbert


This is a book I was in high anticipation of reading. It's from one of my favorite authors, Elizabeth Gilbert, who wrote Eat, Pray, Love. It's a fiction book, which is different from my usual fare of nonfiction (mostly memoirs and how-to books). But in this one, MOSS is a central theme! And you know I'd have to check that out!

This massive novel is a 500-page birth-to-death narrative of the life of a woman botanist named Alma, set in the 19th century. Her life's work ends up being the study of mosses. The book is a very fun ride, taking the reader across decades and continents, with themes of love, death, work, science, and evolution woven throughout.

I read the entire thing within a week. It was amazing. And the cover is gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...