Sunday, January 12, 2014

We Make Portland Awesome: Modern Cabin

"We make Portland awesome" is a twice-monthy series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Crystal of Modern Cabin

Who are you?
I am Crystal, the maker behind Modern Cabin. My husband and I live in NE Portland with our two little ones. I am thankful to be able to be a full time mom by day, and a creative Etsy shop owner by night!

What do you make?
My featured products are upscale waterproof picnic blankets. They are meant to be one of those items that you always have with you, because you never know when the need for an impromptu picnic may arise. I also make pillow cases and have many plans to add products in the future.


Besides making things, what do you do?
I also run another etsy shop called PoBa, where you can find fun bandana bibs for the small set. By day you can usually find me chasing after my 3 year old & 9 month old, planning silly crafty parties, and once in a blue moon creating glass art with my husband.


What inspires you?
Textiles, nature, my toddlers imagination, my husbands art, museums, great curated design collections. It is hard not to find inspiration living here.


Where can your work be found?
You can find bits and pieces of my work at a few boutiques across the country, but my etsy shop is the easiest place to shop for the current collection.

What do you love about Portland?
Portland is absolutely the craftiest and friendliest place that I have ever lived. I love that it is such a great place to raise a family, but it is also gaining a lot of recognition for the local artists and artisans. Any place that has the countries largest independently owned bookstore and largest independently owned fabric store is alright in my book. Oh, and the food is pretty noteworthy too!


Make sure you check out Modern Cabin's Etsy shop
Thanks for sharing, Crystal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...