Sunday, October 13, 2013

We make Portland Awesome: Hannah Naomi

"We make Portland awesome" is a bi-weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Hannah of Hannah Naomi Jewelry

Who are you?
I'm Hannah and I'm the one-woman show behind Hannah Naomi jewelry.

What do you make?
I specialize in making stacking rings and one of a kind necklaces, earrings, rings, and bangles. I love to work with metals -- anything from silver and gold to brass and copper.


Besides making things, what do you do?
I pretty much spend most of my day working on some part of my business. Whether it's answering emails in the morning, finishing up a studio session and shipping out orders in the afternoon, to coming up with new designs in the evenings. On my days off I love to sketch new designs, watch movies and stroll around town for inspiration. 

What inspires you?
I'm really inspired by the wearability of jewelry. I love the fact that jewelry often becomes part of a woman -- it's an intimate relationship between the art I create and the appreciator who buys it. Wearable art is the best! Once I start the process of creating a new piece the materials I have on hand are my main inspiration. I love to sketch wild designs on paper but once I get to the studio I let my hands go to town. Sometimes a critical eye and spark of inspiration (or enthusiasm) can lead to a wonderful new design. My customers also inspire me a great deal. The enthusiasm and support of so many wonderful people around the globe make me even more excited to go to work every morning.


Where can your work be found?
My work can be found at a number of boutiques throughout North America. For a full list check out my website here: www.hannahnaomi.com/boutiques.html I don't have any work for sale locally in Portland, although I'm continuously expanding my list of retailers!

What do you love about Portland?
I love living in Portland. Strolling around town with the dog, eating at all the amazing food trucks throughout the city, drinking local coffee and beer -- the Portland lifestyle really can't be beat. Being an artist is second nature here and inspiration (and inspirational people) abound. I've lived in a number of places throughout my life and can definitely say that Portland has a very special place in my heart. The people are great and the atmosphere is quirky, intimate and lighthearted. It's easy to be yourself in Portland!

Make sure you check out Hannah Naomi's Etsy shop, website, and blog.
Thanks for sharing, Hannah!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...