Sunday, May 20, 2012

We make Portland awesome: Ohlnu

"We make Portland awesome" is a weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Amy of Ohlnu

Who are you?
My name is Amy Clark, I am an art student at PSU and the creator of Ohlnu.

What do you make?
I make bags from Pendleton wool and leather, accessories from natural gemstones, and paper roses from old books and vintage comics.


Besides making things, what do you do?
I am also an art practices major at PSU and a wife. I spend most of my time trying to balance going to school, creating things for Ohlnu, and still keeping a social life.

What inspires you?
I’m inspired primarily with my life experiences. My family is Ogallala and Rosebud Sioux and I have always been influenced by our Native American heritage. I have lived in the Southwest, Midwest, and Northwest regions of the US and always draw my inspiration from my adventures there.


Where can your work be found?
My work can be found at my etsy shop www.ohlnu.etsy.com. I also participate in local craft fairs, two large ones that are coming up are Crafty Wonderland’s Super Colossal Spring Sale on May 12 here in Portland, and this summer’s Urban Craft Uprising on July 7 + 8 in Seattle, Washington.

What do you love about Portland?
My favorite part about Portland is how eclectic it is. You can do or be anything that you want and will be accepted and loved for who you are. I also love how close it is to hiking trails and amazing wilderness areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...