Sunday, March 11, 2012

We make Portland awesome: Zig & Hersh Designs

"We make Portland awesome" is a weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Jennifer Harbick of Zig & Hersh Designs


 Who are you?
I am a lover of all things creative. Being creative and making things has always been a passion. As a kid I think I took every art, music and dance class I could convince my mom to enroll me and still take random classes for fun to this day. Ballet was my last adventure. I mean why not! I am truly a jack of all trades a master of none and I wouldn't want it any other way.

What do you make?
Handbags, clutches, wallets and other little accessories.


Besides making things, what do you do?
I just got certified to teach indoor cycling classes and am super excited about that. I also am an esthetician and am looking at having my own waxing studio in the very near future.

What inspires you?
Anything and everything can inspire me. Be it blue skies or cute puppies...I know that sounds corny but it's true. Definitely other artists and crafters inspire me as well.
 
Where can your work be found?
Knack and Etsy at the moment. The street fair season is coming up soon too and I will definitely be at Mississippi and Alberta..and many others I am sure. Even though they are a lot of work street fairs are so fun and really the way I love selling my bags. I love interacting with my customers.

What do you love about Portland?
I grew up all over Oregon but when I was able to move on my own I packed up my car and headed north. I had never been here, had no friends, no job and no money! But I knew it all at 19 and figured it would all fall into place. That was 20 years ago so I guess I was kind of right! There is something special about Portland and I don't know if it's the general quirkiness of it or just the simple beauty of our city...all I really know is I love it all and it is my forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...