Sunday, March 23, 2014

We Make Portland Awesome: Mercy Grey Design Co.

"We make Portland awesome" is a twice-monthly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Charity of Mercy Grey Design Co.

Who are you?
My name is Charity  West. I'm a born and raised Portland Girl.


What do you make?
I design and sew purses and clutches using local Pendleton Wool and leather from Oregon Leather.  I love working with the beautiful wool patterns and fringe on anything is just  fun.  I also use vintage belts to make each purse and bag unique.


Besides making things, what do you do?
I love being outdoors.  I have 3 kids which keep me busy and active.

I have always loved running.  Its my stress relief and favorite way to keep in shape.  I feel so much more grounded and sane after a good hard run no matter if its in the sun or pouring rain.  Bring it on.


Where can your work be found?
Etsy, Scoutmob.com, Spendship (a new app that was launched in January), bourbonandboots.com and soon to be found on BRIKA.


What do you love about Portland?
I love so much about Portland.  I love the open feeling when it comes to thinking.  I love the location, beach/mountain/desert all just hours away.  I love the food!  We have the best food options.  The city is gorgeous and every neighborhood has a very unique feel to it. 

Make sure you check out Mercy Grey Design Co.'s Etsy shop. Thanks for sharing, Charity!
And if you'd like to read more We Make Portland Awesome interviews, you can check out the full collection HERE. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...