Sunday, November 10, 2013

We Make Portland Awesome: Sarah Laws Made

"We Make Portland Awesome" is a twice-monthy series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Sarah of Sarah Laws Made

Who are you?
I am Sarah Laws, a Portland native, artist, designer and owner of the shop Sarah Laws Made.


What do you make?
I create original paper cut works, silk-screened textiles with the paper cut images, and I sew pillow & modern quilts.


Besides making things, what do you do?
I am a full-time color designer for the footwear industry, and I live with my boyfriend and two dogs in a house in Northeast Portland. I have a detached art studio in the back where I create, and I screen print in the basement. I have also lived in Palm Springs & Santa Barbara California, Boston Massachusetts, and New York City. All of these places have inspired me, but I'm so happy to be back home!


What inspires you?
Things made by hand, flora & fauna, folk art, domestic life, tactile things.

Where can your work be found?
In my Etsy shop, at local craft fairs (handmade NW and Alberta Abbey this holiday season!).


What do you love about Portland?
I love the ease of living here and getting around, the seasons, the food, the laid-back vibe, the creativity, the majestic natural environment, the memories of growing up here. Portland is truly magical! My favorite thing is taking stay-cations.

Make sure you check out Sarah Laws Made's Etsy shop and website
Thanks for sharing, Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...