Sunday, November 25, 2012

We make Portland awesome: HHKnits

"We make Portland awesome" is a weekly series. I’m interested building our community of artists by helping us all find out more about each other.
This week: Helene Hughart of HHKnits
Who are you?
My name is Helene Hughart. I was born and raised in Austria to Slovenian Parents. I came to the US over 30 years ago and have lived in California, Kansas and now Portland for 17 years.

What do you make?
Knitting and sewing has been passed down to me from my Mother who taught me these skills before I entered school where in the 60's knitting and sewing was still part of the school curriculum. I have knitted ever since and only started to sell my creations after I stopped working with children and raising our son.


Besides making things, what do you do?
Besides knitting and sewing I enjoy gardening, hiking and traveling.

What inspires you?
I get inspired by the people around me and the materials I work with. My favorite projects are custom works.

Where can your work be found?
You can find my items on www.etsy.com/shop/HHknits and you can see my current work on www.facebook.com/HHknits page

What do you love about Portland?
I enjoy living in Portland because I can garden (long growing period), hike (mountains, beaches, hills in close proximity) and travel internationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...